Student Services

ADVENTIST HEALTH UNIVERSITY CLINIC. The Adventist Health University Clinic provides medical care, preventive health, and health education services to students, faculty, and staff on Walla Walla University’s main campus.

Main Campus. An on-campus University clinic with a highly qualified staff provides acute and some chronic care services for students requiring medical attention. Referrals for other chronic or emergency conditions will be made to the local clinics and hospitals; however, the student is responsible for charges incurred.

Portland School of Nursing. The Adventist Health Ventura Park Clinic provides health care for students on the Portland campus. This clinic accepts students with WWU student insurance or most other insurance providers. If a condition warrants, the student may be referred to a specialist. If referred, the student is responsible for making financial arrangements with the provider.

COUNSELING, TESTING AND WELLNESS. Counseling, Testing and Wellness (CTW) provides counseling and testing services for WWU students free of charge.

Counseling Services. The services provided by CTW are designed to help students deal with the pressures of university life. Students can receive help in dealing with personal problems, learning more about themselves, and in planning their future.

The counselors on staff are qualified to discuss a wide variety of issues, including loneliness, depression, stress, time management, test anxiety, study skills, relationship problems, eating disorders, incest and rape survival, dysfunctional family situations, and marital and premarital counseling. Issues may be worked through on an individual basis or in a group setting, and all counseling is strictly confidential.

Testing Services. Counseling, Testing and Wellness (CTW) is the official testing center for most standardized tests administered on campus. These tests are given on dates specified in advance by the testing companies, and most require advance registration. Many of these tests require a fee to be paid by the student directly to the testing company. Registration materials are available at the CTW Office. Tests administered at CTW include:

  • ACAT (Art majors)
  • American College Testing (ACT) Residual Test
  • College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • Correspondence/Distance Learning Tests
  • English Placement Tests and Language Placement Tests
  • Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE)
  • Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (subject tests only)
  • Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
  • Major Field Test (MFT)
  • Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
  • PRAXIS and Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) Test
  • WEST-E (Education)

Addiction Support Services. Counseling, Testing and Wellness (CTW) also provides services for students who are dealing with substance-use problems (alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.). University policy prohibits the use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs. Recognizing that not all students make choices consistent with this philosophy, CTW provides individualized assessment, testing, counseling, and referral services as well as a prevention program. Counseling, Testing and Wellness works closely with residence hall deans and the Assistant Vice President of Student Life/Dean of Students to insure that students receive adequate help and support to remain substance-free.

Services are also provided for students with other addictive behaviors such as: eating, gambling, computer (internet, gaming, etc.), and relationships.

Fees and Scheduling. Most services offered by Counseling, Testing and Wellness (CTW) are free to students, with the exception of a few tests. Students can request counseling online through the Student Portal found under the Counseling and Testing Services webpage within

Students requesting counseling services are asked to complete a short information form before a session is scheduled. The forms are available at CTW on the main floor of Meske Hall or at the CTW web site. If students have any questions they are free to call CTW at 527-2147 during office hours.

DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES. The policy of Walla Walla University is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, regarding students and applicants with disabilities. The University is committed to providing access to programs and services to qualified individuals who have a documented disability. To receive assistance, students must submit formal documentation to the Disability Support Services (DSS) Coordinator and request an appointment to determine appropriate accommodations. Since accommodations are not retroactive, it is in the student's best interest to submit documentation as soon as possible. Documentation guidelines are available through the University website (see below) or by calling a request copy.

The staff works with students to arrange needed accommodations based on their documentation and individual needs. Examples of accommodations are: exam accommodations, books and other print material in alternate format, equipment and technology access, classroom relocation, notetakers, accessible housing, and other services.

The DSS office is located in the lower level of Village Hall. For more information contact: Disability Support Services, Walla Walla University, 204 S. College Ave., College Place, WA 99324. Phone: 509-527-2366.

INFORMATION SERVICES. Information Services operates computer systems for the use of faculty, staff, and students of WWU. All systems are connected to the internet by a campus-wide wired and wireless computer network. Thus all computer systems are available from any location on campus. To do their classwork, students can use computer labs on campus, desktops in their room or their own laptops connected to the campus wireless network.

A wide variety of software applications are available for the use of faculty, staff, and students. These include popular programs for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, programming languages, graphic design, CAD, communications, and mathematical computation.