Admission Requirements and Procedures for International Students
International applicants are welcomed to Walla Walla University when the conditions stated below are met. In many cases, certified copies of certificates issued by the Department of Education or an approved National Government agency or a university examination board will be needed to verify appropriate completion of the secondary level of education. Additional documentation may be required from specific countries. Minimum requirements for admission include:
- A completed application form (including the international section) with a $40 (U.S.) application fee.
- A completed financial analysis sheet with a bank statement from the financial sponsor verifying ability to pay expenses. Note: Official government scholarships need to include an official letter from the government issuing the scholarship.
- Letter of recommendation from one person who knows you well; teachers, employers, pastors, etc. (no family members, please). A person recommending you may submit an Online Reference at http://wallawalla.edu/form/enrollment-reference
- Certified copies of your secondary-level certificate, with English translations if necessary. Certificate(s) with passing marks is/are required from a four, five or six-year university preparatory school. Additional requirements include passing scores in government examinations where offered, including English, a natural science, mathematics, and two others from: a second language, science, social studies, literature and religious knowledge. If transferring from a university-level program, please request that an official copy of your academic records (a transcript of marks) be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the university registrar to the Marketing and Enrollment Services Office at Walla Walla University. International transcripts will be evaluated in conjunction with published guidelines for each country.
- Official copies of your TOEFL test scores. Ask the Testing Service to send these scores directly to the Walla Walla University Marketing and Enrollment Services Office.
Prior to acceptance into any program and before an I-20 form is issued to international students, a $7,000 (U.S.) deposit is necessary (except Canadian and specified U.S. Trust Territory students). See International Students in the Financial section of this bulletin.
**SPECIAL NOTE: INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS MUST HAVE IN THEIR POSSESSION AN I -20 VISA FORM ISSUED TO THEM BY WALLA WALLA UNIVERSITY PRIOR TO LEAVING THEIR HOME COUNTRY AND ENTERING THE UNITED STATES TO STUDY AT WALLA WALLA UNIVERSITY.